This planation can be traced back to he first half of the eighteenth century when the Honourable William Woodley owned it. At that time sugar was extracted using animal mills. The property was passed on to Woodley’s only son following his death in 1760. William Woodley (jr) served at the various times as Governor of the Leeward Islands; Lt. Governor of Antigua; and M.P. for Marlborough. He died in 1793 and left his property to his oldest son, William. His service was similar to that of his father, William (jr). He was a member of Council for the St. Kitts 1797; Lt. Governor of Antigua 1799-1809; President and Chief Justice of St. Kitts 1806; Acting Governor of the Leeward Island 1807-1808; and Lt. Governor of Berbice 1808-1810. The Woodleys retained ownership of the plantation until it was sold in the 1860s. It was then purchased at auction by Bosanquet and Curtis. Around 1879 Paget Wade bought the plantation with £16,00 present from his father, Solomon A. Wade. It was around this time that the estate was renamed Mansions. A steam mill was installed some time after 1850. The property was continually owned by the Wades until the second half of the twentieth century when the government nationalized it.